20 May 2012

QWeekly - Backtrack

Sorry i haven't been updating much!!! Like instead of 3 times a week i blogged only twice this week. WATCH OUT!!! WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE ; ) Hahahaha.

So the past few days.. I really is very happy one.

I went to Antoinette at Penhas Road (Lavendar area) with my dad for lunch. My dad ordered some braised beef brisket with red wine sauce and he loved it! =D He say it's the most succulent and tender beef he ever had. The wild mushroom risotto for me turned out pretty.. Disappointing. It's between bitter and blend i don't even know what it is. So after two small mouthful of the risotto, i ordered a plate of foie gras. That was.. Not as bad as the risotto but not good enough. Their mushroom soup is not bad thou =D I'd love to go back again to try other items on their menu thou!

And i know it's my bad that i always dress in t-shirt and shorts and slippers and that day was one of those days. I was bringing my dad for checkup at the polyclinic before lunch, so i thought i'd dress for comfort that day, right? My dad is forever the uncle tshirt with berms and slippers and a hawker pouch lah. Lol. So i can understand the staff at Antoinette were a bit like "Wtf are you guys lost?" when we both stepped in. So they didn't pass us the menu after we sat down. And then i had to ask for it. And when i got it, i had to call a few times before someone would come and take my order.

And then no one asked us for a drink or anything while waiting. And i wanna go opposite to withdraw money so i told my dad if they ask him, i want a cup of ice water too.

And when i come back like 5 minutes later, nobody attended to my dad at all. Never mind, i had to call out twice and waited for quite sometime to get ice water for us both. Really, it's not that hard, put a jug of ice water by your serving counter. Sorry i know i am ranting!!!

But it really strikes me how the staff are more attentive and talk more to the rest of the patrons. While my dad and i, thou seated really near to the counter, are very much ignored lol.

And then after we're done, i got some macaroons and pastries from Antoinette for my sisters and bf. The total bill was almost two hundred. THEN, the guy ask me if today's a special treat for my dad.

I also very snobbish i say "No, not really. It's a very casual meal" HAHAH.

I LOVE the Brittany (Salted Caramel) macaroon!!! It's so awesome. Also also, this baby pink pastry with like little puffs. Some kind of rose flavour one. That was so good. Everyone loved that one!!! =D And it looks so pretty #shallow. The Antoinette cake didn't meet the mark thou. Cox i expected it to be heavenly. It's just of a smooth texture. That's all. Okay wait, is my expectation too high for food that i pay slightly more for?! Lol. Sua lah, i go eat at hawker centre all the time better. Pay $3, cannot complain. Hahaha. But for now just let me steam-off cox i paid more haha.

And then.. I also went to Vivo with bf and i wore my ring out that day ^.^ I keep stretching my hand with the ring across people's sight pretending to take something off the shelf in front of them. Hahahaha. Yes i really did that. A few times. EVERY SINGLE TIME, people DID look at my ring ^.^ And when i walk, i place my hand on my shoulder or my face, or i use that hand to tidy my fringe.

I IS SO HAPPY!!!!!! And proud, yes. Hahaha. PLEASE LET ME BE!!! Just for maximum one month lah, okay. I'd adjust back to my normal self soon one.

And then i go watch The Avengers for the second time with my 11 yro nephew. Whole day he just keep roberting me. Bluff me say go watch movie together, in the end i pay for my own movie, JIU SUAN LE, i still have to pay for him hahaha!!! And then he ask me "Do you want to eat popcorn later?" I say yes and i thought he wanna treat me i very happy! Then he say "Okay, you buy ah? I also want to eat" JIAN HUO!!! He will have no gf next time one. Lolol.

I get to play with baby Yurou so much ^.^ She's growing up to be more and more.. Ugly =X BUT I STILL IS LOVE HER ONE!!! They say baby ugly, grow up will be pretty =D *fingers crossed*

Also i packed my beauty room, it's filled to the brim with brand new clothes and accessories and whatnots =.=" I really don't know how it happen so fast!!! I just had a flea a few months back right? And now my room is stocked up with new stuff again. So i'd probably hold a flea in June. Please look out for it!!! Really A LOT of new stuff and yes, will be let go at low prices ($1 - $5) too!

 
Some stuff i got from the $2 Japanese product shop at Century Square. They carry A LOT more makeup items than Daiso! It's a small shop but got lotsa disney stuff ^.^ So far the eyebrow concealer is quite good, the metallic shimmer eyeliner also super love. They are the series with leopard preens!

AND!!! Deng deng deng, i bought a $49 TOPSHOP dress. Was $89 before discount!!! A bit guilty actually!!! It's JUST VERY NOT ME!!! To buy a $49 dress. But i set out for shopping that day with Wendy and Sophie purely to buy a flora vintagey dress to attend Yutaki's birthday party the next day!

Stolen from Wendy's instagram I love it she's sorta back to blonde!!! =DDD
With Sophie ^.^ Sophie hen fan, keep asking me if i need bridesmaid. Lolol

A few days before the proposal, i went to watch The Avengers with my bf, Yutaki + Miyake, Sophie and our bfs ^.^ I LOVE THIS MOVIE BY THE WAY!!! =DDD Thanks Nuffnang for the tickets!

Chilling at coffee brunch with Yutaki, Alaric and Sophie after dinner.
Dress and cardigan both from Jipaban. If you're thinking the two pictures above is angled nicely and looks nicer than my usual ones, it's becox..
THIS CHAP TOOK THEM for me!!! This Yutaki really is unfair. Usually people can only belong to in front of the camera OR behind the camera. He fucking talented in both field. EAT SHIT. Lolol.
Me, Alaric, Sophie and Yutaki
From Yutaki's camera.
100% no liquifying. Lol. How does my pimple look. And me and Sophie and Yutaki look so cute in the top left picture!!!! Alaric the smile all same one lolol.
By the way, you MUST check out his Summer Love Photobook. BEST EVER.
Another outfit from Jipaban. Super comfy knitted pullover.
The dress i wore on the day of the proposal, from Jipaban too!!! ^.^ Love the cutouts hor???

14 comments:

Chrystal Lim said...

Does the eyelash glue from the $2 shop work ? :)
Btw now Daiso selling eyelash glue , eyeshadow and lipstick and gloss :):) saw them at IMM ! quality damn good you should try daiso lipgloss and eyeshadows too :)

Anonymous said...

had similar experience as you at Antoinette. The staff put us at the table near the counter, totally ignored us, thinking we won't spend much money since we looked like students. We were really upset. Just like you, everything had to be asked for. The menu, cutlery etc. Super pissed. Moreover, it was my birthday celebration that day. After I paying (looking at the amount of money we spent), he then apologised for letting us wait for the table.

I still remember the cashier's name: KUMAR!

Anonymous said...

had similar experience as you at Antoinette. The staff put us at the table near the counter, totally ignored us, thinking we won't spend much money since we looked like students. We were really upset. Just like you, everything had to be asked for. The menu, cutlery etc. Super pissed. Moreover, it was my birthday celebration that day. After I paying (looking at the amount of money we spent), he then apologised for letting us wait for the table.

I still remember the cashier's name: KUMAR!

QiuQiu said...

Chrystal, i haven't get to try them! =D

Anon, =( I think yeah, people do judge from appearance haha.

Anonymous said...

your hair makes you look like a lion on the 2nd picture that yutaki took for you. haha. the hair too boomz.

Anonymous said...

Hi Qiu Qiu,

Mind sharing what camera are you using in your most recent blog post where you took a photo of the Knitted pullover?

Thanks in advance! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. What's the shop name of the $2 beauty products? Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

hello qiuqiu!

Do blog abt the details of your proposal :D congrats! Yi Ding Yao Xing Fu YI Bei ZI!

vivi said...

i hate it when restaurants do that!
doubt i will want to visit such restaurants!

btw, i bought the exact same mickey mouse pouch for 100 yen in tokyo last year!! was surprised to see it in SG!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Could you please tell us in advance when the flea will be held? I dont want to miss thus time since i have missed the previous flea. Thanks! You can either mention it on twitter once you have the info. Thanks!

QiuQiu said...

Anon, haha i know the hair is big. But i thought it was quite nice.

It's S95.

Forgot the name, but it's on second floor at Century square.

Yeah thank you!!! I'm blogging about it on the next post!!!!

The flea will be on the 23rd of June =)

Anonymous said...

wah you got alot of patience qiuqiu. seriously hate it when they have such service attitudes.Had wanted to try out Antoinette at Penhas Road for very long already, havent been there yet, now totally spoil my mood. Not by you, but the service crew. pffft. Any congrats on being proposed!

Anonymous said...

Qiu, cant wait to read about your proposal!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Helo qiuqiu. I want to share wit bout a place i love going. Its super cheap during lunch coz there is free soup and drinks(free flowof drink too) and great sercive. Its along balestier rd called bj's american diners.