24 July 2012

Wedding preparation ^.^ And other random stuff!


Some updates on the preparation for my wedding in December ^.^

First, Clarice my wedding planner from Eternally Yours found me a LIVE BAND sponsor! And they are quite impressive one!!! Kexin (the lead singer for my wedding ^.^) was part of a Taiwan singing program too! Catch her performance here if you're keen =D

Kexin is from Sparkle Live Music and they have sang for all sorts of events in various countries! From boutique opening to their own concert to weddings of course =DDD

Here are two of the many of their work!

Kexin performing for BEBE store opening.

Kexin performing at a wedding =)))

Sparkle Live Music consist of many talented individuals but since Kexin is gonna be singing for my wedding day i think she deserves a solo picture! Lolol.

Told you their lai tou bu xiao. Lolol. She have sang for various MNCs events and also OMG THE PRESIDENT OF SINGAPORE =OOO Okay now i feel really proud to have her on my wedding!!! You can find out more about Kexin on her Facebook page.

You see, wo men jia Kexin zui ke ai. Lololol.

No lah no lah, all also look very smart and artistic and talented in singing. Lolol. They all have their own specialty and also can sing all sorts of songs in all sorts of languages O.O They can even learn songs just for your special day! For granted they are versatile in all genres, from romantic bossa nova/ jazz, classic evergreens to celebratory high-energy pop! So go ahead, make your list!

This should be quite an elaborated set up. But you can engage their services starting from $900 for TWO sets of 45 minutes for your events / wedding! Of course that would be a much more simpler set up but i'd appreciate that lah, especially if it's for a cozy event with a small group of people.

I am super excited and happy to have a live band for my wedding one lah =DDD Make it more atas instantly haha ^.^ Supposedly Sparkle Live Band will prepare little dedication cards on the tables for your guests to write songs that they would like the band to sing and you can even sing for your guests if you want! So that's like one more entertainment channel for you and your guests!

But erm.. Maybe just one or two songs you sing, will be enough liao cox i think we should leave it to the professionals lol. Though i highly feel that if i were to sing one or two songs for my wedding, i might just takeover the whole show. ATTENTION-SEEKER LOVES ATTENTION. Lolol.

So to prevent that from happening, Josh and i decided that we will not sing for each other (not like Josh will sing for me anyway) and we will just prepare a songlist for Kexin to sing through the night in two sets of 45 minutes ^.^

If you'd like to engage Sparkle Live Music in any of your event, please direct all your questions and emails to them at enquiry@sparkle-music.com or call them at 9692 5171 ^.^


For wedding couples if your wedding is happening in July / August, it's not too late to rope in Sparkle Live Music!!! ESPECIALLY SO COX THEY HAVE A $100 discount off all engagements for Jun - Aug 2012! Call them now now now! It's not too late!

I'm sure having a live band will add to the whole FEEL of the wedding hahah ^.^

Before i move on, if you'd like to see the singers from Sparkles Live Music perform FOR FREE, you should really make yourself free THIS FRIDAY! 8pm til late! At Siloso Beach Sentosa.

Go knock yourselves out with some really good music and vocals! =D

Remember, free event this Friday!
At Coastes Sandbar @ Siloso Beach!
8pm - late! Be there with your friends/ other half! =D
- - - - - - -
Onto another part of the wedding that is taken care of already! =D Bridesmaids dresses!

I am very lucky to have Love, Bonito take care of my bridesmaids dresses!!! =DDD

They need no introduction right! Biggest ladies fashion online store in Singapore!!!

And they very kindly offered to provide for my bridesmaids dresses ^.^ AND!!!!

It can be ANY DESIGN I WANT!!!!!!!!! =DDDDD

Happy die. Lolol. So i've sent the Love Bonito ladies a few designs and then we've chosen the best out of all!!!! =D And then they did some fine tuning and adjustment in the choice of material to make it flow better, tweak the cutting to compliment the girls better and i head down to see the samples!!!

Irrelevant picture of me.

Look at all the colours i can choose from @.@ And this is just two pages out of like 10 maybe.

I picked these! It's gonna be all pastel and colourful ^.^ The whole theme of the wedding is pastel! I know, the blue don't look THAT pastel but that's for my sister cox she's more...... =X

Discuss, discuss. Where actually, it's more of a 5 minutes discussion, 30 minutes chit chat nonsense. LOL. I am also checking out how Velda's wedding preparation is coming along =D

Hello Michelle and the Love Bonito girls! Left - right, Mich, Rachel, Viola, Fann Wong and Velda ^.^ Lolol. No leh, i really feel like a superstar cox the Love Bonito girls super nice to me and keep asking me if i have any request / adjustment i'd like to make!

I'm all like okay, done deal. This one okay, that one also okay. They were like O.O ARE YOU SURE. I don't think they believe i can be so decisive. But i really am. Lolol. Cox the sample piece they show me already so perfect!!! But i decided to go with their suggestion and make some minor changes to it.

So leh.. I cannot show you the designs yet but it's gonna be simple and pretty! No i won't make the best girls in my life wear anything dull/ dirty mouldy green/ bruised blue/ auntie champagne/ blood clot maroon PLUS AT THE SAME TIME, made of shimmery satin material. No no no no nooooooooo. Also, no puffy off-shoulders sleeves. Also also, no tight-fitting cutting at their tummy area. Girls, i love you guys. LOLOL. And, i am the nicest bride ever.

And.. Good news is, the bridesmaids dresses will be on sale on Love, Bonito =DDD I don't know when! Should be after my wedding =D They are really quite pretty one =DDD Can't wait.
- - - - - - - -

And then right after the meeting Mich and i went to Joan Bowen Cafe near Macpherson. I linked them up cox i feel that this restaurant is operating on a very special and meaningful cause.

Extracted from their website:

Who is Joan Bowen?
We are parents of a special needs daughter, Joan Bo Wen. She now works at the café as a trainee. The Joan Bowen Café represents the fulfilment of our vision to enhance and enrich the lives of youths with special needs by providing choices, opportunities and respect for these unique individuals within our community.

Why Do We Do This?
The café operates as a social enterprise with the ultimate aim to equip youths with special needs with a range of culinary skills so that they are able to make their mark as an individual and contribute as an active member of the society.

Find out more about this interesting cafe/ restaurant here!

Menus with funny dish names. I've been there a few times before and i love the squid ink linguine as well as their Belly Dancer!

One with Mich ^.^

The wild mushroom soup is yums!!!

Mich acting chio.

"The Duck Stops Here" HAHAHA. I really love this name for this duck confit! It's like imagine the duck waddling on innocently and then comes a chef, pooof! It became duck confit! Lol.

Random shots of us. Mich complain her face look fat in my camera.....

So i told her to do that face = * Lolol.

Last time we started a "Pretty girls with pretty collarbones" club "锁骨美少女俱乐部" and in the club there's only us actually LOLOL. So we are constantly fighting for who is the leader.

Along the way.. Mich put on some........ =X So naturally i become the leader and we don't talk about it anymore BUT!!!!!! Recently people lose weight already wanna haolian!!!!

"Eh now i skinny back i can have the title of 锁骨美少女 again"

So we keep arguing who got nicer collarbone and then we ended up walking like this on the road.

LOL. Duck.

I think i win.
- - - - - - -

Went to Bugis to accompany Mich to cut hair and i thought i might as well get my hair washed and blow since i haven't shampoo in 3 - 4 days that day =X Lololol. But anyway! This is a backdated post and ever since i went to the Japanese salon i have been shampooing every other day!!! Swear.

So anyway. We went. And i was SOOOOOOOOO frustrated the whole time!!!!!!!!

First, they didn't wanna take my appointment cox not sure if they will still be busy and i only wash and blowdry so maybe they rather take a customer doing rebonding/ colouring services etc lah.

So nevermind, we still go back at the allocated time to try our luck. The salon quite empty by then. Ohrbee. So leh, i am really frustrated cox.. I have never got so wet shampooing my hair!!!!

The last time i got my whole T-Shirt drenched while washing hair in the salon was when i was 17 i think. I was doing some hair show thing for a friend as a favour. His student need to learn how to wash hair so end up my whole back and my chest area got wet.

Anyway. This one at Bugis Village, the lady who washed my hair was literately washing my face as well =___=" I keep using my hand to wipe away water from my face she STILL DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!! I tweeted "She splash anymore might as well pass me some shower gel" Lol.

AND THEN NEVERMIND, bitch uses FINGERNAILS to scratch my scalp one!

Should use the soft ball of the finger isn't it?!?!?! She really i swear, she really use fingernails one!!!! TONG SI WO. I was like "Ouch" for a few times she don't care one! Chapter 2, fan xing fan xing.

Only thing i give to them is that the lighting in their shop is nice to camwhore with. Lolol.
Hi, nostrils.
Mich was texting me every now and then to ask me why i look so pissed. Lolol.
Okay that's all for now! A lot more posts coming! =DDD

15 comments:

Irene Chan said...

You have extraordinarily nice nostrils! :O

Saksaneq said...

I listened to the video you linked. Kexin has a beautiful voice, you are so so so lucky to have her on your wedding day! You must be super happy ^.^

Alice said...

Wah really high class got live band singing for your wedding, horray!!! :D

Anonymous said...

YES THAT IS A VERY VERY NICE NOSTRILS!!!!!!
and every single pic is super duper pretty!!!!!!!!
excited for your bride's maids!!!!
can't wait for the dresses to be on sale too!!!!!!
yayyyyy can't wait for more posts!!!!!

Unknown said...

haha extremely cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi qiuqiu!
I've been cutting my hair in Chapter 2 for 5 years already. So sorry to hear that you've encountered such a bad service! >.<
I guess the quality of their service varies between different staffs. =X
I have met pretty good ones and not so good ones throughout the years though!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking "don't tell me your hair is like this even after the japanese salon" then i read the part where you mentioned the pictures are backdated, lol. Anyway I've always wanted to say this, Mich is adorable! She has a really cute face.

Carlyn said...

The live band looks very nice, I am sure you are going to have a fun and elegant wedding. It was funny how you and Mich were deciding on who had the nicest collar bone and were doing funny stuff like duck walking.

Carlyn said...

Congrats on getting a really cool band to play at your wedding. It will be interesting to see what song list that you and Josh create. I can't wait to see the bridesmaids dresses when they come on sale too.

Patti said...

You look so cute in those last pictures~~! And your makeup is so natural, it looks really nice.

hongcha-monogatari.blogspot.ca

Anonymous said...

Mich is actually so pretty! Don't lose anymore weight - no need! ^_^

๑۩ﺴ PINKtistic ﺴ۩๑ said...

cant wait to see your wedding pics :)

pinktistic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

so your wedding is a copy of audrey's from fourfeetnine? congrats..

Anonymous said...

hi!

may i know what's bonito email add? cos i'm also lookin for bridesmaid dresses and would like to contact them for more details for customised sizes.

thanks for your help!

Wedding Car Hire Melbourne said...

Those are nice pictures.